SO YOU ARE THINKING OF SELLING YOUR BUSINESS
Some important points to understand:
- Selling a business is a “bulk sale”. Selling real estate is a “title sale”. The two sales are entirely different. Please don’t try to compare selling a business to selling you house or other real estate you might have owned. The two sales are not even close!
- The marketplace for selling real estate and the marketplace for selling businesses are two very different marketplaces! Just for starters, everyone needs a house, but no one needs a business! It is almost always a buyer’s market in business sales.
- Selling real estate is selling an established, legally recorded and has an easily identifiable published value. Selling a business is a box full of moving parts, financial documents and with little easily if any identifiable value.
- Selling real estate, historically, has little liability associated with the transactions. Selling businesses, historically, has a very high potential for liability. To the point where many national real estate companies don’t allow business sales.
- In Nevada, there are no bulk sale laws! For a business owner to try to attempt to sell his or her own business without the assistance of a Nevada licensed business broker is like walking through a mine field!
- By far, most business sellers have little or no idea as to what documents, reports and other information is required to sell a business. Ed Smith, Business Broker, offers a free, no obligation, list of this material to any seller who calls or emails Ed.
- Sellers often think they can save the brokers’ commission by trying to sell their business privately. Sellers have a slim to no chance of accomplishing this task. Offering particulars to potential and unknown buyers, is foolish and dangerous!
- Unbeknown to the average business seller, there are good buyers, so-so buyers, bad buyers and dangerous buyers out there. You don’t know the difference, Ed Smith does. We review the buyer and require a signed NDA before the buyer knows anything about the business including the name and address!
- As a next step, you need to call Ed Smith, Business Broker. Having a free, no obligation meeting with Ed will certainly give you the proper direction with the benefit of Ed’s over 5 decades of full time hands on broker experience!
Call Ed Smith, Business Broker now! 702-274-7320 firstname.lastname@example.org
FIRST CHOICE BUSINESS BROKERS LV, 5420 West Sahara Ave, Ste 200, Las Vegas, NV 89146